Sunday, March 30, 2014

So emotional!

I'm finding that as I write my second book, I am a lot more emotional than I was with the first.  I know it's probably because the storyline is more somber than "Cutting Through" was at the beginning.  I mean I get misty eyed thinking about the prologue, and was wiping tears from my cheeks as I wrote chapter three.  I have thankfully never experienced the type of lose that my characters have faced, so to try to share with you their stories is a challenge.  I'm hoping that having these personal reaction as I write are a sign that I am doing them justice.  I want the reader to feel the pain and heartache that Maggie is going through.  I think it's important that they can connect with her emotionally.  I want my characters to feel like real people, and not just a fictitious cast.  People have said that Janie and Jake were relatable characters, so I'm hoping you'll feel the same way about Maggie and Drew.

No comments:

Post a Comment