Sunday, March 23, 2014

Putting it in perspective

If you read my first book, you'll see that I write in the perspective of both the male and female main characters.  I had never read a book like that until just recently when I started reading books like a mad woman last year.  I fell in love with the fact that I knew exactly how both people were feeling and reacting.   As I was writing "Cutting Through" I felt that giving the reader both views from the first person perspective helped them understand the entire relationship between Janie and Jake.  The reader was able to understand them as individuals better and form a connection with both of them.  I think that having both views tells the complete story of their relationship.  I have seen some authors write sequels of a book in a different view, which I guess is a great way to sell more books, but I don't care about that as much as I care about giving the reader a full view into the relationship of the couple.  I am also writing "Back To Me" in the same style.  I hope that my readers enjoy it as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment