Monday, March 10, 2014

Let's talk about sex, baby

When I first started letting people read my book, I was really embarrassed about the sex scenes.  But my friend Amelia told me that I needed to treat it as part of my craft.  And she is absolutely right.  I write stories about love and relationships.  Sex is very much a part of that.  I believe that showing how people interact on all levels is very important to showing the dynamics of their relationship.  How someone touches you, kisses you shows a lot about how they feel about you.  What you are willing to allow another person to do to you and how much you trust them is very important.  Being intimate with someone brings you to a vulnerable place, and allows you to move to a new level of your relationship. 
Not everyone is as open to sex and different sexual acts.  I guess that was why I was so shy about it before.  Sex has been taboo for so long.  But we are all human, all needing and wanting to have someone take us to that place of ecstasy.  This is not something we should be ashamed of.  This is something we all do in some way or another.   

No comments:

Post a Comment