Thursday, April 17, 2014

Cause you gotta have faith!!

The story of Maggie and Drew has become so much more than I originally thought.  The subject of God and faith have taken over the storyline completely.  But as I have stated before, I am not a religious person, so this book is not preaching to the reader.  The characters are all different in their levels of belief.  It all comes down to what you believe in deep down inside.  I think that a lot of people need to believe that there is a higher power to help them accept certain things in there life.  Other choose to believe because it gives them comfort, and some don't believe at all.
I was raised going to church on Sundays with my family, attending Sunday school and confirmation classes, but I have chosen not to believe.  I do however feel that being taught the lessons in the bible has made me a better person.  That is why I send my kids to a religious school.   The lessons they are learning are those of morals and decency, to name a couple.  Because I am not religious, I know this would be the only way my children would learn the same valuable lessons I did when I was growing up.  I mean I do teach my children right from wrong, but to have the fear of judgement instilled in you doesn't hurt.
In a way I am a lot like Drew, but also very similar to Maggie in some ways.  I can't wait to finish it so that my readers can experience the power of faith and believing!

No comments:

Post a Comment