Thursday, October 2, 2014

How many??

I know, I know, I haven't written a blog in a while!  I'm sorry!!!  But I finally have a moment (and a thought) to write.

So, as you know I was struggling there for a while with writing anything.  My last blog probably wasn't that exciting, because all my other ones were!  But I have been able to push past it and I have hit the 200 mark!!
When I tell people what page I'm on the most common question I get asked is, "How many pages is the book going to be?"  I hate that question, because I don't know if I can answer it.  When I start a story I don't set a goal as to how many pages it will be because I don't really know.  I write until the story is told and not to a certain page.  I mean I hope that the book will end up being at least 250-300 pages, but if the story is done before that than so be it!
I usually know the beginning and the end of my books before I start writing and bits and pieces in between, but to be able to tell you how many pages it will take to get to those points. I have no idea!  The spaces in between are usually where I get stuck, but sometimes they end up being some of the best parts of the story.
Well, since I've been on a roll writing my latest I am off to get some pages done!  I will try to write another blog soon and not wait so long!

No comments:

Post a Comment