Sunday, June 1, 2014

You're the Inspiration

I was just recently at a family gathering and was shocked to have someone say that I was an inspiration.  As always, because I am not one to take compliments well, I bashfully smiled and said "thank you."  I was completely floored that someone would think that I was inspirational.  It had to have been one of the most AMAZING compliments of my life!!!
I have never been one to think much of myself and usually don't like to be center of attention (i know some of you may find that hard to believe) so since I've written and published my book, I have had to get over that intimidation fairly quickly.  I really just wanted to tell a story and share it with people, I never thought that what I did would inspire anyone.  I never thought that writing a book would be so... I can't even think of the right word!  I have had people tell me that they were impressed and asked me how I found the time or  how was I able to it.  I guess I just thought that anyone could do it, even a full time mom with a full time retail job, like me.  Even with my awesome compliment I still don't think I'm anything special.  I'm just a girl that had a story to tell and told it.
I do want to thank Tammy again for the incredible compliment.  I love being a part of your family and having you all in my life!  Your words and love mean so much to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment